Family involvement is essential to student success. At Woodward Career Technical High School, there are many ways to connect with students and staff. If you are interested in assisting us, contact the Resource Coordinator at (513) 363-9382.
Become a volunteer! Your time and talent will make a difference in the lives — and futures — of our students. Call (513) 363-9300.
Local School Decision Making Committee (LSDMC)
The LSDMC is the primary governing body for each school in the district. This committee gives insight and input into important decisions that greatly impact students' lives and shape their educational experiences.
Lashonda Johnson is the president of Woodward's LSDMC. The LSDMC meets on the second Monday of the month at 4:15 p.m. in the staff café.
The function of the LSDMCs includes:
- Adopting bylaws, including the school's mission and vision
- Setting measurable goals, based on a needs assessment
- Developing a broad plan (One Plan) to implement these goals
- Completing a mid-year and end-of-year progress report
- Making recommendations and approving the school budget
- Participating in the selection of the principal when a vacancy exists
- Approving locally initiated changes in the school's program or focus
- Making recommendations to the principal regarding other school issues
- Seeking grants to support the school's programs (optional)
- Coordinating and overseeing the development of the school as a Community Learning Center
The committee is composed of parents, teachers, staff members and community members.
Security Badges and Background Checks
To assure the safety of students and staff, Cincinnati Public Schools requires security badges for anyone entering CPS' buildings. One-time visitors receive a temporary security badge from the front office. Individuals who visit our buildings on a regular basis, such as volunteers, must obtain a security badge and wear it at all times in our buildings. Learn more about how to obtain a security badge.